Saturday, May 5, 2012

Check Out My New Copic Holder!

A few months ago my hubby made me an amazing wooden Copic marker holder that hangs on my wall (and is removable).  I absolutely love it and love him for making it!

Soon after that, my BF decided that she was going to sell all of her Copic markers and so I bought all of the ones that she had that I didn't have (which were quite a few.)  Then, I bought the new 2012 set of markers at Anime Central last weekend.  This has now brought my Copic marker total up to 244!  I can't believe I have that many!  The bad thing is that now I have too many markers and they won't all fit in the holder that hubby made for me.  I am slightly a perfectionist and want to have all of my markers in one spot.  So, the ideas started flooding me last night and I made a quick trip out to Michael's and the Home Depot.  This is what I created and it only took me about 30 minutes to make it!

I also used a ruler to measure everything and a large "exacto" type knife to cut the thick poster board.

I then lined the edges of the inside of the box tightly with the thick poster board and inserted the grid to lay on top of the poster board edging.  It was really SO easy to make!
(below) I also added a piece of velcro to the inside lid of the "suitcase" and put a piece of velcro on the back of my Copic chart that I use...so it will be with me wherever I take my Copics!
In the photo above, there are 244 Copic markers in there and I still have SO much room!  So, for those of you who have more markers than me...this is a perfect idea for you!  Also, I just want to note that the lid does close and the clasps lock easily.  There is plenty of room!  This is great for on the go!

Please let me know what you think! 

21 comments:

  1. wow!!! impressive!!!
    (followed your link from the fb group) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is awesome Tracy! I need me one of these! Didn't realise that you changed blogs over but I love the new look! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also clicked my self here :) Nice place

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cool! Thanks for showing us your clever storage for your Copics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! THIS is FABULOUS!!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is AWESOME!!!! Fantastic Idea and how beautiful!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Ya!! I love it!! I want to make this also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That’s a very clever idea! I love that case you bought for your markers. My sister is also collecting markers, but she hates seeing those markers cluttered in her room. So, she will surely love this idea. I’ll recommend it to her. Thanks for sharing this! #Mana Smoot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you tell us the measurements of the suitcase you bought at Michaels

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! I'm going to try and make it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where does one get a husband like that? ;)
    I'd love to know the measurements of the suitcase too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the storage box!!! I have 29 Copic markers...no, I didn't drop a numeral, I'm just getting started. I plan to build this box and eventually fill it, if I am fortunate enough to do so. Thanks for sharing your "How to" with us. You're quite creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. One thing I don't see is the size of the "suitcase". The dimensions?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww so cute <3
    Is it for sale?? I want it so bad!!!!
    Please can you make one for me? I will pay for sure =>

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome! Thank you for the idea and solution to my Copic collection issue!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello can I use this for highlighting my notes?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Saw your picture of Copic storage on Pinterest. I love it!! I currently am searching for ideas on how to store mine. It was insightful of you to add that poster board that your rack sits on, but also to reinforce the box. A lot of weight can cause them to break down. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for having word verification on, but due to spam it is necessary. I hope you will leave a comment anyway! Thanks!